So... I am going to try and keep up and keep this blog while I'm away in London for those who want to read it (you better). After reading Erica's blog last semester at Stonehill I decided that a blog would be a good way to remember for myself and to keep in touch with everyone!!
Today, I have been in London for ONE WEEK! The first five days we stayed in a hotel with all the other Arcadia people. I was tired a lot, but it also was fun to get to know some people. I could write so much about what we did, but it would be long and boring. So short version.... Sat through lectures about safety, academics, politics, and stuff like that; went on a scavenger hunt throughout London (my team was Kate and Kelly from Stonehill and a girl named Amanda who goes to De Paul); ate amazing fish and chips and chocolate cake at a pub called Doggett's; went to see the play An Inspector Calls; ate THAI for the first time at a restaurant called Churchill Arms (AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS); went into TopShop for the first time(oh my god.); ate a BLT melt with lots and lots of mayonnaise on it(I sucked up my phobia because I was hungry); and had a fun night out with my new Arcadia friends in around Leicester Square.
On Saturday, I moved in my dorm, Furnival Hall. My room is tiny, but I really like it because I get it all to myself. I share a bathroom with another girl from Stonehill, but I DO have my own sink. woohoo! Furnival Hall is a nice brick building, but I think the best part is the cute little village up the hill a little further. I went there yesterday and there were cute children and adorable dogs running around. I have been grocery shopping in multiple places finding to find stuff I want to eat and that is cheap. The best place has been Marks and Spencers. It is food heaven.
Today, was the first day of Westminster Orientation. We went to one of the campuses and sat through lectures. Boring. But the best part was that they had AMAZING chocolate crossiants. so good. Then we got a list of our teams for this challenge thing. We are supposed to work on it within our groups over the next couple of days, and I believe there are prizes. My group split the work up that can be done online, but tomorrow after I have an advising meeting, we are meeting for the group part: we have to go around to different tourist sights and have someone take our picture as a group. Exciting.
HOWEVER, the highlight of my day was that I went to Paperchase... what an amazing store. I bought wrapping paper to hang up in my room to make it less blah and depressing and also cards. Tonight after dinner I'm going to another Westminster dorm to hang out with some of my Westminster friends.
Pictures to come tomorrow!!!
Miss you all!!


i love that the things that make you most excited.... involve food. obviously.
ReplyDeleteLovely, Brie! Keep blogging so I can follow your travels from Stonehill's wee lil campus.
ReplyDeleteSounds pretty boring... honestly. ha I kid i kid.
ReplyDelete